COLLECT OF INFORMATION:
When the User visits the website, the Company may collect the following data:
- The User’s IP address.
- The User’s contact information and email address.
- Other information such as interests and preferences.
- Data profile regarding the User’s online behavior on the Company’s website.
WHY THE COMPANY COLLECTS USER’S DATA:
The Company is collecting User’s data for several reasons:
- To better understand the User’s needs.
- To improve the Company’s services and products.
- To send the User promotional emails containing the information that the Company thinks the User will find interesting.
- To contact the User to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
- Customize the Company’s website according to the User’s online behavior and personal preferences.
SAFEGUARDING AND SECURING THE DATA:
The Company is committed to securing User’s data and keeping it confidential. The Company has done everything in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help the Company safeguard all the information that has been collected online.
USAGE OF THE USER’S INFORMATION:
A. Lawful basis for processing
The Company relies on the User’s consent as provided when the User registers details on the Company’s website to fulfill the Company’s contractual obligations to the User as the lawful basis on which the Company collects and uses the User’s personal data.
B. Purposes of processing
The Company uses information held about the User in the following ways:
- To contact the User about future events.
- To contact the User with the Company’s newsletter.
- To provide the User with Company’s information which may interest the User.
- To notify the User about changes to the Company’s service.
C. How the Company does this
The Company will contact the User by the method by which they have consented to receive such communication; this will be by electronic means (e-mail) and/or a telephone call. If the User does not want the Company to use the User’s data in this way, they must either: 1) tick the relevant box situated on the form on which the Company collects the User’s data; 2) unsubscribe from the Company’s electronic communications using the method indicated in the relevant communication; or 3) inform the Company at any time by contacting on the details set out below.
The data collected by the Company using cookies is used to customize the Company’s website to the User’s needs. After the Company uses the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from the Company’s systems.
Please note that cookies don’t allow the Company to gain control of the User’s computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages the User finds useful and which pages the User does not, so that the Company can provide a better experience for the User.
If the User wants to disable cookies, this can be done by accessing the settings of the User’s internet browser. Alternatively, the User can set an opt-out-cookie to disable Google Analytics tracking in the browser. This cookie will only block analytics in the browser that the User activates it in and will only work for the Company’s website. If the User deletes cookies in the browser, the User will need to set it again.
RESTRICTING THE COLLECTION OF USER’S PERSONAL DATA:
At some point, the User might wish to restrict the use and collection of their data. Users can achieve this by doing the following:
When filling in the forms on the website, Users can make sure to check if there is a box which the User can leave unchecked, if the User doesn’t want to disclose the personal information.
If the User has already agreed to share the information with the Company, feel free to contact the Company via email and the Company will be more than happy to change this for the User.
HOW THE COMPANY PROTECTS DATA:
The Company takes the security of User’s data seriously. The Company has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that User’s data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed, and is not accessed except by the Company’s employees in the proper performance of their duties.
As a data subject, the User has several rights. The User can:
- Access and obtain a copy of the User’s data on request.
- Require the Company to change incorrect or incomplete data.
- Require the Company to delete or stop processing the User’s data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- Object to the processing of the User’s data where the Company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
Users who would like to exercise any of these rights are requested to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Users who have any concerns with the data being misused or leaked by the Company are requested to contact email@example.com
If the User believes that the Company has not complied with their User data protection rights, the User can complain to the Information Commissioner.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS